- Hits: 5435
National Seminar “Dynamics of Pro and Contra of RUU KUHP”
UNPAK - The Dynamics of Pros and Cons of the Criminal Code Bill "A Reflection Between Expectations and Reality", the theme of the National Seminar held by the Postgraduate Study Program of Law of Pakuan University in 2018 today Wednesday, November 27, 2019 took place at the Graha Pakuan Building in Bogor.
There were three speakers who attended the National Seminar, namely :
- Prof.Harkristuti Harkrisnowo, S.H., M.A., Ph.D (Drafting Team of the Criminal Code Bill / Professor of UI Criminal Law).
- Dr.H.M. Azis Syamsuddin, SE., SH., M.A.F., M (Commission III of the Indonesian Parliament for the 2019-2024 Period).
- Dr. Yenti Garnasih, SH., MH (Chair of MAHUPIKI / UNPAK FH Alumni).
The National Seminar was officially opened by the Vice Chancellor of Pakuan University. The Mayor of Bogor in his Keynote Speech which was read by the Head of Law and Ham of the Regional Secretariat of the City of Bogor Alma Wiranta, S.H., M.Sc. (Han), among them said:
- National Seminar with the theme of the Dynamics of Pros & Cons of the Criminal Code Bill A Reflection Between Hope and Reality, has a very important, crucial and strategic meaning.
- By looking back on 24, 25 September 2019, Pakuan University students held a demonstration related to the Criminal Code Bill. With this seminar certainly can answer and provide a deeper understanding related to the articles contained in the Criminal Code Bill especially for the Pakuan University Students and generally the seminar participants today.
- The Criminal Code Bill is the right formula for the Indonesian people in general to organize the future of the law enforcement system and ensure a sense of justice for the people.
- The Criminal Code currently in force in Indonesia is a product of the Dutch colonial legacy law which came into force in the Netherlands in 1918.
- The Criminal Code Bill is believed to be able to encourage the application of law in Indonesia with better quality in the future.
- The Mayor of Bogor, where the City of Bogor was held as the venue for the National Seminar on the Criminal Code Bill, certainly appreciated and expressed his gratitude to all parties, especially the organizer of this event and thanked the resource person Prof.Harkristuti Harkrisnowo, SH, MA, Ph.D (Drafting Team RUU KUHP and as the UI Criminal Law Professor, Dr.HMAzis Syamsuddin, SE., SH., MAF, M Deputy Speaker of the Republic of Indonesia DPR 2019-2024 Period, Dr.Yenti Garnasih, SH., MH (Chair of MAHUPIKI / FH Alumni UNPAK).
Then entered the main event, the first resource person in his presentation Dr.Hristristuti also delivered the Title "The Long Path of the Criminal Code Bill" by starting to explain that the Criminal Procedure Code was drafted by its predecessors starting in 1963.
Of course, through in-depth studies and not a short time the Draft Bill of the Criminal Code was submitted by the Drafting Team to the Parliament through the Government to be ratified.
"If the Criminal Code Bill still refuses to be approved by the Parliament, surely we have to wait another five years to come", he interrupted. Exposure was continued for about 45 minutes.
The next resource person Dr.H.M.Azis Syamsuddin conveyed the urgency of the ratification of the Criminal Code Bill and a little review of several articles from the 14 crucial articles which have been a controversy in the community so far.
The brief exposure of approximately 15 minutes ended with giving participants the opportunity to ask only three questions, but this People's Representative gave the widest opportunity to participants who had no chance to ask by giving a phone number / WA to ask questions related to this Criminal Code Bill outside the seminar.
The last resource person was Dr. Yenti Garnasih, SH., MH (Chair of MAHUPIKI / FH UNPAK Alumni) conveyed the theme of Law Enforcement according to the Criminal Code Bill in detail with continued discussion and question and answer of participants.
After the seminar, the SKI media crew tried to ask participants for a response / statement (from Bogor City Peradi, Mr. Harry A. Muntaha, S.H.).
"What was delivered today by Nara Sumber was very clear, detailed and interesting, in principle I am agreeing the Criminal Code bill but in this case the wider community needs to get education and explanations as to what is being held today". (UT)Download full storyDynamics of Pro and Contra of RUU KUHP